Saturday 1 August 2009

Monology - The study of Stupidity

Alright so it doesn't really mean that, its just become commonly referred to in some circles. Have a look here to get a good idea of what it really means.

What we are going to do though is have a laugh at some of the daft and stupid things that are out there.

Here's a nice one to get started from strange places

A nice lady just called. She needed to know how it was possible that her flight from Detroit left at 8:20am and got into Chicago at 8:33am. I tried to explain that Michigan was an hour ahead of Illinois, but she could not understand the concept of time zones. Finally I told her the plane went very fast, and she bought that!

Or

A man called, furious about a Florida package we did. I asked what was wrong with the vacation in Orlando. He said he was expecting an ocean-view room. I tried to explain that is not possible, since Orlando is in the middle of the state. He replied, "Don't lie to me. I looked on the map and Florida is a very thin state."

And from rinkworks

Lawyer: "Do you know how far pregnant you are now?"
Witness: "I'll be three months on November 8."
Lawyer: "Apparently, then, the date of conception was August 8?"
Witness: "Yes."
Lawyer: "What were you doing at that time?"


OK so these are just for starters, we want to build upon the theme and get to the heart of real stupidity and have a laugh along the way. We need to get some themes going and its not any surprise from me that lawyers are in there right from the start.

No comments:

Post a Comment